Tuesday, December 20, 2011

my 1st blanket every for Grub 2

So about 1 1/2 years ago ( I know that's really bad) the grubs and I were walking through Wal-Mart.
Grub 2 found this pre-quilted Thomas the Train material and wanted it. Of course I said we would have to wait. So wait he did, and he kept his eye on it. Then one day all our stores decided to get rid of them fabric departments and put a lot of material on sale. This was one of the things on sale, so I got what was left on the bolt. 
Grub 2 was overjoyed, and he has patiently watched his material sit in the to do pile for about a year. Asking occasionally, Mommy can you make me a blanket, a pillow anything. Just don't forget about my material.   So I finally figured it all out and made him a blanket for his bed. He watched me sew it, and he told me, If it doesn't come out like you want, whatever it is you are making, can you just let me have it to sleep with? 

So after calling my sister in NC and talking about binding, and looking up some you tube tutorials. I figured it out, and wonder why I've been so afraid of binding.  Feel kinda silly now. But here it is finished and ready to be discovered for Christmas. 


The Front Side

 Up Close of Binding

 The back side, not perfect, but not bad for a first I think

Binding on the pieces together. 

Up close of the print

And with the left over I made some pillow cases for his bed. 


This one is a bit bigger, for his bigger pillow, and I used some old blue jeans in my scrap pile to give it a different look than the other one. 


No comments: