Monday, December 26, 2011

Bali's Baby Doll Diaper Bag

For Christmas I made Bali a diaper bag for her baby dolls. On one of the blogs I follow they had posted this tutortial:  http://www.craftaholicsanonymous.net/2011/03/guest-blogger-christina-from-2-little.html

   So I changed a few things ( I chose to use printed cotton material instead of fleece) and Bali's diaper bag began.  Here are some pictures.

1st. I made her 2 diapers in each size. To make them I used the cotton and put a white simple thinner fleece in between for padding.  She has been asking for diapers for her babies for a long time. 

Next I made a blanket/quilt. One side is the material, and the other side a soft fleece. 



Then using the tutorial as a guide I made her a wipes case and wipes. Only I used the cotton again, and put a thick interfacing in between to help hold shape. Bali was thrilled to have wipes for her babies..



Of course every baby doll needs a bib



and her is Bali moddling her bag for me. Only when this was taken she thought I was taking pictures for FaceBook to show another mommy the bag I had made for her little girl. She didn't know she was the special little girl I'd made the whole bag filled with goodies for. 

I made the bag with a front pocket and a flap over that velcro's. It's just her size. 



Inside loaded up and ready to go.


Saturday night she stuffed it with her baby doll sling, changes of clothes, bottles and food for her baby. So she would be packed and ready to go for church the next morning.  She's such a good little mommy. 

I love that all her pieces match. This is some material I found that my mom had bought at some point, and knew that I had to make my kitty loving Bali something. I still have a little extra material so I might make some more diapers for her or a bigger blanket for her bigger babies. I don't know yet.... 

No comments: