Saturday, October 20, 2012

Grub 1 SINGS in church and more

We have been very busy, just everyday things, and trying to stay on focus on what is important.
  My family, instead of always being on the go.  This summer proved to be more busier than I had planned for sure.

    June went fairly easy, did a yard sale at the end.
 July I helped a friend by watching two of her boys, while she stayed by her oldest son's side while in ICU. He had been in a major car accident. He is out of the hospital now and recovering more daily, but still needs prayers.
August, I quickly got school put together, focused on lesson plans...
   and amazingly enough we started school on time in September.   We are enjoying some of the new books we are doing differently. And I find I still love learning with the kids (even on the days that I wonder can I really do this).. and those are the days I stop and pray in during class.. Lord I need your help right now, because I don't know what to do here.
   He is always ready to lend me a hand and help pick me back up : )



   My sweet oldest Grub again tried out for local ArtsView Bravo players in August and made the singing group!  He is so loving being able to sing and make others smile. He also did Music Machine Camp in August, which made for a very busy and long week. But it is worth that one week a year to watch the smiles on those children's face and so talented and spreading the love of God!  This year they did a comedy twist with the story of Jonah (it was a western), very cute, and the message of God's love was so clear!


   A few weeks ago, Grub 1, told our music director at church that he wanted help finding the music to a song so he could sing it for church.  A few weeks later, he had the music in hand and last week he sang on Sunday morning. I was very proud at how wonderful he did.  I think it was the first time he has ever been nervous, but it was his first time to sing a solo in front of around 200 + people who all know him.
 Here is the link to his video of him singing. Sorry that I didn't get the first line of the song,(I almost forgot to turn on the camera!)     It amazes me at his talent so far, and his love for music. I do not know what God has planned for him, but I am so glad I am his mommy and get to watch.

  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4Rei-GmoFQ&list=UUCJIwmrs86FlM-riPAdFiHA&index=8&feature=plcp

1 comment:

veryblessed said...

He did such a great job!

~Tessa