Friday, February 17, 2012

Breakfast Burrito's

So how do I start...
   We bought one big box of 15 dozen eggs and 4 more 18 counts of eggs...
           Yep that was  252 EGGS!!!

  Then we got:
      1 1/2 lbs of sausage
      1 1/2  lbs of tiny ham chunks
       1 1/2  lbs of bacon
     1 onion
     1 bell pepper

  and of course we can't forget the big ole' bag of shredded cheese..
    and the flour tortilla's.. the big ole' stack of them


 1. I first did plan ole' cheese egg burrito's:
       5 dozen egg
      4 big handfuls (cups) of shredded cheese
     about 1/3 cup of water
     
  After that was cooked, I transfered it to a stone dish  where my hubby started wrapping into burrito's..

  While he is doing that I'm cooking sausage now, I put 1/2 lb to the side to save for the (GROWN UP BURRITO'S)
     Then I added 3 dozen eggs
      1/4 cup water
     and about 2 cups or handfuls of shredded cheese..

     During this time hubby would put them in freezer on cutting board or cookie sheet for 20 mins to flash freeze. When the came out, I would transfer into bags and label.
       While he was rolling I'm cooking, worked out great.

      Then we moved onto Bacon
           again  put about 1/2 lb to side for grown up burrito's
          add 3 dozen eggs
          1/4 cup water
         2 cups of cheese

     Then onto ham chunks, now since we buy ours pre-chopped and in 1 lb bags I didn't have to put any to side.  Just cook..
    add 3 dozen eggs
           1/4 cup water
          2 cups cheese

   Now how much did it make.. depends on how much you stuff them, we used the smaller tortillas but 1 -2 of these is enough for the kids in the morning...  if I do 1 I might give them fruit or yogurt to go with it.

    We ended up with:  71 Cheese
                                   47 Sausage
                                   49 Bacon
                                  56 Ham


  Tips:  We have this nifty tool from Pampered Chef called a mix n' chop... It worked great at mixing everything up and not getting huge chunks...
    pre-cut the bacon before cooking
    Have a simple lunch for the day because you don't want to stop to cook
     Try to reuse as many pans as you can and wash as you go, don't let it stack up!


    Another tip:  Have kids help if able or have other things for them to do... mine liked to help stir the eggs.

  For the adult eggs:
       3 dozen eggs
      1/2 lb each of Ham, sausage, bacon
      1 onion chopped
      1 bell pepper chopped
     2 cups shredded cheese
     and  we used the big tortilla's for ours... : )

   This made right around  34 burrito's.



  Tip: when chopping the bell pepper: I was going to be making fajita's so I used the top and bottom areas for my eggs and sliced the middles in long pieces and put to side to place in those meals. : )     Doing all the chopping at once worked great.

  Also when chopping onions I kept mine in COLD water in the sink, it did seem to help about 75% with the tearing of eyes.  I chopped 7 onions and had little tears!!!!
   

   
         

No comments: